Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh it Gets Worse

You know, I didn't think things could get any worse after the Monday night debacle, but oh was I mistaken. Today's game, hands down, put Monday's to shame, it made Monday's look good. It was a crappy day at work and then to listen to the bullshit going on in California was enough to pretty much put me over the edge.

I will never understand how this team can go from having a good game one day and forgetting how to play the next. Missed defensive plays, poor pitching, again all around sloppy baseball. Our first two pitchers had a problem hitting the strike zone for whatever reason and in the end it ended up getting Mulvey sent back to Rochester and we get Crain back. I'm not sure how I'm liking that idea, but right now I think I'll take just about anything as long as it can hit the damn strike zone.


Apparently the reports are Perkins had a sore shoulder going into today and that's why he couldn't pitch. You know, my theory is excuses don't work, I understand if they are hurt issues are going to happen, IE Slowey, but lately this seems to be an every game thing with someone. I'm starting to feel like the Padres and Mets with as many people as we have hurt with some sort of injury.



Kudos to Justin on his home run, at least we had hope for a half inning and run to make it a little less embarrassing.

When this season started the only pitcher in our starting rotation I was worried about was Frankie, the bullpen was the least of my worries. Turns out I should have been worried about Perkins and 95% of the bullpen instead. I'm just hoping when Kevin comes back off the DL, he falls back into place right along with Nicky and gives our bullpen a break.

While I love this team and I always will... it's hard to stomach games like today and still hold hope that the playoffs will happen. Every Twins fan knows they can play better baseball then this, we all saw it last year.

Rest up guys cause LAA is on a hot streak and I don't think they are going to roll over and just let us win.

No comments: