Saturday, July 04, 2009

It's the game that never ends...

So I had thought out what today's post was going to entail, but that all got kinda thrown out the window when I read this morning that Slowey went on the DL. That one really surprised me. I knew something had to be wrong with him last night when he only went three innings and we couldn't blame it on the heat this time. I just hope it's nothing serious, but so much for a start in the All Star game :(

With that a big get well soon goes out to Kevin!

That game was another heart breaker. I am proud of the guys from coming back and fighting hard for the win, but Detroit just got the better of us and that was that. I will admit, I started giving up, but then I remembered the game last fall when it was the same situation and we came back and won it. So I knew we could do it.

My one note from the evening, Brandon Inge either needs a smaller jersey or he needs to stand back further in the box because where he stands he's just asking to get hit. I can't believe he actually made base twice because the ball grazed his jersey.

Word to our guys, just stand right on top of the plate from now on and you'll make base all the time.

Today: Frankie against RHP Edwin Jackson. Let's hope Frankie brings his A game so our bull pen can have a day off. I'll be at the game with Betsy cheering our guys on!

No comments: