Friday, July 24, 2009

A Blown Save? Say it Ain't so Joe!

Coming from me, I'm getting tired of all these walk off wins after us having the lead, even though I didn't last the whole game. I somewhat heard what was going on as I did leave my TV on, but I totally missed Nathan's blown save, which is probably a good thing because it quite possibly could have done me in for the day.

He's not perfect. He's not going to get the save every time he goes out there, but does it make the pain any less bearable, no not really because it's Nathan, so many people expect when he goes out there it's game over. But after 20 consecutive saves, as much as I hate to admit it, I knew there was going to be a game in there that didn't go his way and last night was it.

We had been doing so well on the road lately and the last thing I wanna see is this team fall back into the "hole" we were in on the road at the beginning of the season, but all these walk-offs and late inning rally's from teams are going to hurt us in the long run.

I have to agree with Sarah though, can we get some sushi for the Angels for tonight's game? Buscher knows of a great place to get it! How about a rule boys? No sushi on games days... less chance of food poisoning! I'll admit I did have to laugh a little when the reports started coming in that he was thinking it was bad sushi, but at the same time I know it's not a laughing matter because it's no fun. Thankfully we had Harris to play at 3rd or it could have been a more interesting game then it already was!

It's no secret that I don't like Jesse Crain, so I had to chuckle a little this morning when I found out he had to take the loss. Welcome back Jesse. But you know it has to be bad when Gardy even comes out and says that we need pitchers. I've got at least one outfielder and a 2nd basemen we can trade! Perhaps even a pitcher or two from Triple A.

If tonight's game goes like last night I'm going to take all their little rally monkeys and throw them in the Pacific Ocean :-)

A game guys. Where is your freakin' A game?! That's all I'm asking for. You had it going for awhile, did you leave it in Texas with the gray uniforms or something?

No comments: