Saturday, July 25, 2009

Again? Seriously?

I really wasn't even going to write a blog about last nights game cause what else can you say when we lose? You can't give them anymore excuses and I'm sure they all know how thin things are wearing when it comes to the end of the season. I knew LA was on a hot streak going into this weekends series, but I figured maybe we would stand a chance and catch them on an off day... yeah not so much apparently.

Plus with now possibly the biggest blow to our starting rotation this season... this team has A LOT of work to do. I was shocked when I originally read that Slowey was going to have to have surgery, but I wasn't surprised. I figured something was more wrong then just a strain, but I was really surprised yesterday when it was announced he was shut down out in Rochester and was on his way back to MN.

Pretty sure I'd like to give a big eff you to Juan Uribe for that line drive off Kevin's wrist last fall.

I'm not worried about Nicky and Timmy, they can hold their own. Swarzy, I'm not writing him off because he's so new and I've seen him pitch amazing games (hello? his first major league start!) However, I've been worried about Frankie since opening day and if Glen is going to claim he has some sort of injury after every sucky start, we're going to have a problem.

Really the only positive from last nights game was Joe's two home runs. I was thinking he forgot how to hit those and two in one game pretty much made up for it.

And have I mentioned I hate when we have to play on national TV?

No comments: