Sunday, August 02, 2009

It's Really Getting Old

I'm pretty sure there is nothing worse then being swept at home after you sweep a team at home. What happened to the team that swept Chicago? Where did those guys disappear to? I just LOVE a weekend filled with missed plays, poor pitching, overall sloppy baseball by a team that knows better and can play better. Apparently tough love doesn't work anymore on this team, so I'm out of options on what to try.

It was brought to my attention by Erin this morning before the game started that apparently Gardy didn't want to send Buscher to Triple A. So it wasn't Gardy that was pissed at Morneau for the comments he made, it was the front office. Thank you Bill Smith. I don't understand why the managers don't have a say in who gets sent down? Apparently Gardy wanted Casilla (I agree 100%) or GoGo, which I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that one was, but whatever.

So that got me to thinking, if the front office doesn't listen to Gardy or Andy, how long will it be before Gardy or Andy gets fed up with everything, looks at the front office and says "see ya!". You can tell just by looking at both of them in the dug out or listening to Gardy during the post game conference he's getting pissed with how this team is playing, I think everyone in Twins Territory is getting sick of it.

It was also talked about by Joe C from the Star Tribune that the team is putting out an S.O.S. for pitching help. Uh, pretty sure we needed that a LONG time ago. I have a few in mind that we could get rid of to get some help in here. Number one on that list belongs to Bobby Keppel. Something needs to be done in that department if the team has any hope of making it to the post season this year or any year from here on out for that matter.
Tonight's gold star of the game has got to be Denard Span. I missed the play when it originally happened, but believe me as soon as I got home I found it online so I could watch it. So for those that missed it, GO HERE. I feel bad for Denard because so many people were saying he'd slump this season after last year, but I love how he has proven everyone wrong and had an absolutely fantastic season :-)

Now onto Cleveland... at least we don't have to deal with Cliff Lee anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, my mom told me about that play. Apparently she was watching.

Thought it was great that I was on the phone with her and she was yelling at the TV!

--Dana

S.Rail said...

I LOVE the last sentence:

"Now onto Cleveland... at least we don't have to deal with Cliff Lee anymore"

:)