Monday, August 24, 2009

Sitting On Pins And Needles


So I've noticed this lately and Betsy has pointed it out too, the guys have a tendency so make us sit on pins and needles and then come out in the 6th or 7th innings, rally and win the game when it's all said and done. Which, I don't care how we win them as long as we win them so we still stand a chance of making it to October. As many times as I've said I've given up on this team, I just can't do it.

I think a lot can go back to last season when we were in the run for the title, yes Gardy did tell the team they needed to sweep Chicago, but at the same time they needed to take it game by game and that's what they did. I honestly believe they need to do that this season too. Yes we are further back this season than last, but we need to capitalize when we have runners in scoring position, etc.

We just need to take it one step at a time and this past weekend and tonight's game are steps in the right direction.

Span-man was on top of his game tonight in left field. That catch was amazing and while on one hand I think it's hilarious he ended up in the bull pen, I did not think it was funny that he literally ran into Jesse. LOL We have enough of our pitchers on the DL, we don't need to add to it. Although that could have made for a great article on the Twins site, "Crain on DL with concussion from Span"

For those that missed the play or just wanna see it again go here: Span runs it down

Tomorrow we get to see what the newbie can bring to the table... remember the only game that is accepted is your A game so you better bring it :-)

No comments: