Saturday, August 08, 2009

Mom, He Followed Me Home, Can I Keep Him?


Welcome to the Twins Carl!

Not only is he good looking (always a plus) but I was very impressed with how he pitched tonight. I knew nothing about him going in, but I like what I saw! I knew he was tough against Detroit, but that performance tonight was beautiful! It was nice to see a starting pitcher go deep into the ball game and give our bull pen a rest, although it was weird seeing Papa Perk warm up in the 8th and actually pitch the 9th.

I hope that the rest of our starting pitchers paid attention to Pavano's performance tonight and took notes. Of course the one that really needs it isn't even with the team right now, but we'll see how he does during his next start... if he actually gets it.

Not only was the pitching amazing tonight, the bats were blazing and the defense was on the top of their game. The 5-4-3 double play in the 5th inning was probably the best double play I have seen all season. For some reason I figured for sure Casilla would screw it up somehow, but I was pleased that he actually pulled it off and got the ball over to Justin cleanly.

I just hope and pray that by the Twins getting an ace like Pavano that this is the turn around and the boost that the team needs to push us into post-season. There was an interesting fact on Twitter this afternoon from TwinsNow that at this point in 2006 the Twins were 9.5 games outta first place... this season we are (as of right now) only 4.5 games outta first.

If any team can do it, it's the Twins. They just need a good kick in the ass to figure it all out.

No comments: