Monday, August 24, 2009

A Fantastic Weekend

So my fun filled weekend in Kansas with our beloved Twins (and my best friend) is coming to a close as I am making the nine hour car ride back to Minnesota in about 6 hours. It was nice getting to see them play ball like they are supposed to play, although I was a little worried about Saturday's game only because our pitching staff seemed to be coming apart at the seems, but all in all it was a fantastic weekend filled with outdoor baseball.

Believe me folks, for those that have never been to Kauffman Stadium, I suggest if you want to take a vacation to watch our boys play ball, I suggest Kansas City. It was a beautiful weekend for outdoor baseball and if Target Field is half as good at Kauffman is we'll be in for a treat when our new stadium opens up next season.

The view from our seats both Saturday and Sunday were amazing, the people were super friendly (not rude at all considering we swept their team) and the Twins fans that showed up were unreal! Lot's of cheers for Mauer at every at bat and those of us that were there on Sunday gave Cuddy a nice standing ovation for his home runs (I owe him 3 bags of skittles after my two games).

I know a lot of fans were saying Cuddy couldn't play first, but I think he did an amazing job filling in for Justin during his absence. Between his fielding and his homeruns... it was almost like Justin was there instead of back home in Minneapolis trying to get better.

It was a great weekend filled with good friends, good baseball and all around, it was just what the doctor ordered (sorry my team beat your team D)

Now onto pictures :-) These are from Day 1:


Day 2:


Hope everyone enjoyed!

No comments: