Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Since the day I left Milwaukee..."

I was hoping I would get to use that title with a win today!

I really think today's game spoke for itself. The guys went out there and got after it and it worked to our advantage. The more and more I see it, I'm really love the Dickey/Guerrier/Nathan combination. I feel some sort of, I don't wanna say safety, but that's what it is,with those guys in that order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the real heart of what I wanted to talk about in this post and that would be our outfield situation.

I know we have 5 very talented guys that can work in the outfield and can do their jobs very well. with Span-man being on the DL and GoGo taking over the lead-off spot, he really impressed me with how he handled it. Triples, singles, etc, he can do it all and proved he can. Plus I think he's really trying to fill in that void that we lost when Torii left. The catches that he has made are amazing and he's swinging the bat good.

Span-man knows how to really test the pitcher we're against and he's amazing in the outfield as well. He's made his fair share of amazing catches since we called him up last season.

And then of course we have Kubel, Cuddyer, and Young, all are amazing in their own way and I always feel bad because someone gets the short end of the stick when we're home and especially when we play NL games. I would think at this point in the season these guys would know that they are going to get to play each day.

Who knows, this whole post may make no sense to anyone, but I think my ideal outfield right now would be Cuddyer, GoGo and Span-man with Kubel and Young rotating the DH (I don't know about Young yet, but we'll see). And who knows, these guys could really pick up the performance too if they knew exactly what position they would be playing every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow: It's on to visit the great city of St. Louis and a trip to the mound for Papa Perk. We need to go in and go one game at a time and show the Cardinals what we are made of!

No comments: