Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal?

Who knew a ball game could hurt so much. I can only imagine what Blackie was feeling last night. You could tell by the look on his face (I think that broke my heart more then anything) when he was in the dug out, he knows he effed up and it was a big one. I just wish I could figure out what he was doing, what would posses him to even attempt that.

I still love ya Nick and it's going to take a lot more then what happened tonight for you to make my shit list, just ask Alexi and Jesse.

But to make light of the situation in the 8th inning when Nick was batting I offered him a cookie if he hit one out into the outfield. Apparently he didn't want a cookie because he struck out, which is probably a good thing because I don't know what kind of cookies he likes since there is no favorite things baskets this season.

Jason Kubel going BOOM was the best thing of the night (apparently GoGo's triple was lovely, but I missed that one).

Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with Punts. I do tend to worry about him when he dives head first into first base. I'm hoping it's just a deep bruise and he'll be okay with a couple days rest and be back in time for the St. Louis series or even hold off until Kansas City.

Today: We have Scott Baker taking the mound. I do love to have a change of scenery and seeing our pitchers in their batting helmets, but I just want a good solid start and a win would be icing on the cake!

We can't get the sweep, but that doesn't mean we can't win the series.

No comments: