Friday, June 26, 2009

Meet me in St. Louis

Tonight's game = Wow

Glen Perkins = amazing

Joe Nathan = Words can't describe him.



I do have to say that his "catch" tonight was mighty impressive. I couldn't help but laugh a little when they showed him digging it out of his jersey, but at the same time I was hoping he was okay and didn't get hurt taking that one in the stomach. I know they said tonight during the game that Joe was in the running for the All-Star game again this season and I really hope he makes it so that way everyone has the chance to see just how good our closer is.

I think as a whole (and I'll probably regret saying this later) our bull pen has been pretty strong lately. It does help when lately our starting pitchers have been going 7+ innings every game. But our combination of Matt, R.A. and Nate seems to pack quite the punch. I don't wanna judge Bobby until I actually see him take the mound and Jose can be hit or miss. The only lemon is Henn, but I'm not even going there.

I did have to laugh tonight before the game when I was reading La Velle's post and he said that our home plate umpire tonight was Todd Tichner. Now for those of you playing along, Todd is the same home plate umpire that threw out Gardy, Red-Dog, Jason Varitek and Terry Francona. Everyone over at my house tonight for the game were taking bets on how many players would get kicked out with him back there, thankfully no one did.

Tomorrow: Slowey gets to take the mound tomorrow in a scorcer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good showing, as I won't be home for most of the game and a chance to pass Halladay in the numbers of wins this season. Hopefully the heat won't get to the guys and we'll be able to pull it off!

I received the best present ever today at work and that is tickets to the July 8th game against the Yankees. I must say free tickets are the best kind of ticket :-)

No comments: