Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hardy...har...har...har...

So I realized I never did my recap of the Pirates series so I'll work on that now while I watch the guys take on the Astros.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, what I think was the biggest thing in the series, Nick Blackburn pitching a complete game. Way to go Blackie! I was so hoping he could get the shut out, but after that wasn't going to happen, I was hoping for a complete game and boy did he deliver! I didn't get anything done during the 9th at work, I just sat there and listened hoping he'd finish it up.

Great to see some balls going deep for our guys. Especially Cuddy and Buscher. I do feel bad for Brian that he doesn't get to see the plate more, because I wouldn't mind seeing that a little more often from him.

Overall this whole team is really starting to come together, from the starting pitchers, to our offense and our defense.

I'm going to end this by saying "Dome Field Advantage". That is all ;o) Our guys don't seem to have any issues catching balls in the out field.

Tomorrow: It's Twins Family Day tomorrow at the Dome (I really wish they would announce this sooner because I would have loved to have gone to that game, any one wanna go?) I do love seeing those kids run around and play their little game of ball with Daddy.

13 comments:

Betsy said...

it's tempting to go to the game...

Katie said...

I missed the game last year and after hearing everyone talk about it and seeing all the pictures, I was excited about this years, but no one every said anything as to when it was going to be.

Betsy said...

yeah, i didn't see it last year either...i think i've always watched the father's day games just at home on tv
hmm...best available 134, row 33... :)

Katie said...

I was looking at that earlier to see where the best seats were, lol.

Betsy said...

lol great minds think alike!

Katie said...

Indeed they do!

I was going to take my dad for Father's Day since I took my mom for Mother's Day, but he has to work tomorrow so he's getting a gift card to Menard's.

Betsy said...

my dad got to go to the game tonight...he lives to far away to try and get him to go tomorrow!

Katie said...

Fun! Dad's worked all weekend, so mom and I watched from home, but she's got to work tomorrow along with dad.

Betsy said...

well if you decide in the morning that you still want to go, text me...maybe we could swing it! :)

Katie said...

I may have to take you up on that!

Betsy said...

:) i don't live far from the dome, so i could probably make it work...lol, we're crazy, btw.

Katie said...

I'm a half hour away...but I normally get down there like a hour/hour and a half before game time so I get to park in the same parking lot. lol

Yes we are!

Liz Strand said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and ask if perhaps they do Family day on Father's Day as a regular practice? I haven't seen it in the past, so I'm just wondering. That would make it easier to keep track of it!