Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tough To Swallow


The first loss in a new ballpark is always tough to swallow and today's was no exception. In reality any loss is tough to swallow. I was hoping for a better performance from the guys, but I guess I should take it easy on them, but I feel the need to be a little bitter and a little hard on a couple of the guys after their performances today.

First I have to start with Justin. I realize that players have bad games, but today really seemed to disappoint me. I know he can play better then what he did and since I didn't actually see the game and can only go by what I was told by someone that watched the game, he apparently was out every time he was up to bat. I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. I know he can play better then what he did today, I've seen it and I would love to see it back.

Then we have Mr. Punto. Now I know we all had Nick Punto day where we discussed how much we love or hate Nicky. And please, do not get me wrong, I love Nicky in the field. He can make some amazing plays like I discussed in my Nick Punto day post, but his bat leaves something to the imagination. Perhaps a bat like this could help him:


And then we have the Train-wreck, I mean the Crainadian, I mean Jesse Crain. Had it not been for him giving up the 3 runs, Cuddy's home run would have made it a tie game and we could have at least stood a chance of winning today's game, but NO, we had to leave that mess in there. Idiot.


I could say something about Kevin because I know 5 innings isn't really considered a "quality" start but I have a hard time talking down on him. I always have. I just hope his next start is better than today's was. Partly because I will be at the game for his next start and it will be the first "official" game I have seen him pitch in person and I want a good "quality" start from him. I wanna see the Kevin we had last year that won 10 games.

P.S. Kevin, please wear the navy again next Tuesday. Thank you!

Now I realize one could talk a little trash about Cuddy today too, but I can't talk trash about him since he got a home run. I'm not sure if he and I are fighting as I was not listening to the broadcast when he hit his home run. I'm not sure if he his jealous that I am spending so much time starring at JJ or what, but Cuddy I am sorry, I promise to pay you more attention.

That brings the Skittle count to negative 5...he may see the light of day soon.

Tomorrow it's Frankie against Tim Wakefield. Go out there and play like you know how guys. Let's take this series! Oh and be sure to welcome back Ron Mahay to the family! I know I'm glad he's back.

No comments: