Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chugga, Chugga, Choo, Choo!

I know it's only the third week of the season, but I don't think I have ever been so proud of this team in my years of watching baseball. To be as good as they are right now, all I can do is hope and pray that this momentum carries us through the entire season. I can taste the playoffs again after last season and I can taste a World Series even more and I'm pretty sure the 25 guys on the team can taste it too. To see this team with this much determination and energy actually makes me excited for the Yankee series next month, it makes me feel like we could potentially beat them! I know, I know, it's too early to say yeah we're going to the playoffs, but if this team keeps playing like they are, we are in for one hell of a season!

Before I get into the pluses from the game, I have to say it was really nice getting to see Red Dog play tonight. He always seemed to bring a positive attitude to the clubhouse and the dugout during the game. He was always one of the first guys to be there to offer up a high five after a good play or there to give advice when needed. I didn't think I would miss him as much as I do, but seeing him in a different uniform tonight, hit me kinda hard. This was a totally unexpected reaction, seeing Torii in a different uniform didn't even hit me like this. Perhaps it's the funny antics that Red pulled that I miss more then anything.

I would like to say a quick thing about our starting rotation. Can I just say LOVE them! Eight innings from Slowey, another eight from Frankie (and a shut out no less). I am seeing the Frankie from before his surgery and Kev from last year before he got hurt. It's defiantly nice for a change since we relied so heavily on the bull pen last year, those guys deserve a bit of a break. I can't complain with how our starting rotation has been so far. Our bull pen could use a little bit of work; i.e. The Crainwreck and The Weeble. But it's nice to have Patty back and Matty's been doing well.

And then we come to my Buddy Cuddy :) I realize he may have his fair share of missed plays and strike outs, but he's still such an amazing player. He tries to come through when it's needed the most, yeah he may not always succeed, but it doesn't mean I don't like him any less. I'll be the first person to rag on him when he sucks and yell at his when he misses a play, don't get me wrong. But you can also bet I'll be the first person to cheer him on loud and proud when he does something spectacular.

Tonight from the comfort of my home (I wish he would have hit that Tuesday night when I was there) I was cheering just like I was at the game, for that matter, so was my mom as Cuddy is her favorite as well. We're just a Cuddy loving family over here, lol

Cuddy skittle count stands at -8 after Tuesday and tonight's games.

Tomorrow we have Timmy (2-1) against Mitch Talbot (1-1). Timmy please follow in the foot steps of Kevin and Frankie and go the distance!

No comments: