Sunday, April 11, 2010

So Much For That

Before I get into the Chicago series and in case you haven't seen it, the list has been put up for the 2010 walk up music for the guys. You can find the list here. There is quite the diverse list of choices this season for a few of the guys.

Okay, onto the game. First things first, not the smartest call by Scotty to send JJ home. We could have potentially tied that game with a single by Punto after, but no, we had to try and show "oh yeah, we can score." As a rule Scotty doesn't do too bad at third, but this time I think he wasn't thinking and I won't lie, it cost us that game. But what done is done and now it is time to focus on the home opener against the Red Sox.

I was impressed with how well our pitching stiff did this series. Timmy redeemed himself from opening day. Obviously he isn't going to be perfect every outting, none of the starters are going to be perfect, they aren't Mark Buehrle and even he isn't perfect every game. Nick also did decent today too, he went seven and two-thirds innings which is a good start for a starting pitcher.


And then we have Frankie. He was the one starting pitcher that I was the most concerned with and even though he may have only gone 6 innings, I thought he did really well. I'm glad he made the starting rotation and I'm glad he went out there and proved that he still has what it takes to be a starter in the majors. I just hope I won't be eating my words as the season goes on.

Oh and let me just say this, I know I said it last year when Joe Crede went back to the South Side, but I'm going to say it again this season. It was nice to see a good reaction from the Chicago fans when Jim Thome came in Friday night.

Tomorrow is the day that everyone in Twins Territory has been waiting for, the official home opener! I will be there along with Betsy from For The Love Of The Game. If you are going and would like to meet up just leave me a comment and we'll figure something out :-)

Tomorrow we have Carl Pavano against Jon Lester. Won't lie, I am excited that I get to see Lester pitch in person, I have always liked him.

Go out there and get it guys. We'll see you there!!

No comments: