Saturday, April 17, 2010

Four is Sweet

For the first time in Twins history they have won the first four series! I am loving the way this team is playing so far this season. The bats are swinging, they are racking up the pitch counts against starting pitchers and they are all working together, which is something I love to see. If this team can keep playing like this all season, I strongly feel this is going to be a great year in Twins Territory.

And as much as it pains me to say this, Oscar has actually been going a pretty good job. This no way says that I am on the "Oscar-bandwagon" because he is and never will be my Nate, but as long as he doesn't fuck up I guess I'll live with it. Part of me wonders how many people will think he's so "great" the first time he blows a save? I remember how many people ragged and ragged and ragged on Nate last season when he blew a game here or there. Will it be the same for this one?

In another positive note, we don't have to deal with The Weeble for at least 15 days. I wish he would go in and get his eyes fixed while he's not pitching but that would make sense. I swear, one more blown game from him, and I'm writing the front office and bitching. If they know there is a problem with him, there is no way in hell he should be allowed to pitch until that problem is fixed. You know, kinda like the whole Perkins thing last season?

Today's game sounded like it was an interesting one, too bad I missed more then half of it, but that's okay the radio broadcast worked out well. It was nice to see the guys really rack it up against Zach last night. It was almost like the Cy Young award from last season went to his head and he forgot how to pitch, which was okay with me!

Tomorrow we have Carl Pavano (2-0) going against Luke Hochevar (1-0). Keep plugging away guys!!

1 comment:

CJ420 said...

I graduated high school in 1987. Let's just say I went to a LOT of games that year, and it seems like that year ended well.

I wasn't able to be there in person, but Game 7 1991 is obviously my favorite Twins and favorite MLB game ever.

I have to say: I think I'm more excited this year than either of those two years. GO TWINS !!