Sunday, September 27, 2009

Taking A Break

So I'm coming into today's blog from a different perspective, the Twins game will come into play later, but when I got online this morning there was an article that caught my attention. Apparently our dear, dear friend Ozzie went on a little rant after the Sox blew a game last night.

Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen Slams Players

I can understand Ozzie is pissed because his team blew a lead, but I don't think I have ever heard Gardy go off like that, even when we blew a ten run lead (or if he has at least he's kept it private). I can understand now why the Sux have been playing like they have been. Who would wanna play for Ozzie knowing that if you make one mistake your going to end up strangled or something.

That guy just blows my mind with how he talks to his players, especially to the media.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, now onto the Twins game. It was very important that the Twins pull out a win last night because of said above rant from Ozzie. It kept us two out of first with the dreaded four game series against those silly kitties.

The guys last night went back to a little bit of small ball which was nice to see, especially since we still got 11 runs. This is the Twins baseball that I've been missing all season, I'll admit I wish they were playing like this all season cause then maybe we wouldn't be trying to catch the Tigers, but alas we can't change the whole season so we'll just focus on the now :)

My only real rant from last nights game is the fact that after KC's pitcher hits two of our players and one of our pitchers comes a little bit close to hitting one of the Royals players the teams finally get warned. I'm happy that Gardy came out and tried to defend our guys. It's hard to defend our hitters when you can't even pitch a little close to the batter. You can bet that during today's game that the first person that comes close to getting hit, both teams will get warned without a second thought.

Today we have to deal with the Royals ace, Zach Grienke. I can understand why Gardy took Manship out of the lineup since it would be his turn to pitch, but I'm not going to lie, I'm a little worried with Frankie going up against him today. Grienke's been on some kind of hot streak right now and I'm sure someone in the Royals team would love to spoil us just a little.

No comments: