Monday, September 14, 2009

Giving Everybody That Rock On Sign...

I was all set to kick back and watch football tonight when the Twins were down 3-0 in the seventh inning, at that point I had already missed a good chunk of the game because of a season premiere of one of my regularly watched shows, but I happened to turn the game on in just enough time to watch Cuddy be a rock star and crank out home run number 25 on the season and 100 for his career. I couldn't help but laugh though when he was giving everyone high fives, at the look on Gardy's face when Mike slapped his hand.

I'm going to wait to see what he does tomorrow and Wed before I figure out if he's worthy of getting Skittle on Wed. night at Unplugged.

It's kinda disappointing though because after that great come from behind win, we get the news that not only have we lost Joe Crede for the rest of the season (which as much as I hate to admit it, I almost saw it coming after going 0-4 yesterday), we've now lost Justin Morneau for the remainder of the season. He apparently has a stress fracture in his back. It's just weird to think that the game on Friday was the last time we got to see Justin play in the Dome in person.


Back to Crede, I would love to see the Twins take a chance on him for next season. Yeah this season has been a struggle, but we all knew this going in, when the doctors all said playing on the artifcial turf was going to be tough on his back. But with us going to Target Field next season and playing on real grass, I think he could prove a lot of people wrong next season. Believe me, I never thought I would see the day I would be defending Crede, but I want him here next season. I wanna see what he can do when we move outside. If it doesn't work out, then fine, get rid of him at the end of next season. But I think the Twins fans have taken a liking to our 3rd basemaen.

Apparently Nathan and I have not completely made up yet. We seem to do really well until he goes for that third out and then it gets rocky. I mute the TV and stop watching and that third out comes seconds later. This little issue needs to be fixed.

It was a great come back win tonight by the guys. With Detroit winning, we had to win this game in order to stay in this race. It's not over yet, but we have to keep winning guys. Or else our off season is going to start really quick.

No comments: