Sunday, September 20, 2009

So Close We Can Taste It...

As everyone in Twins Territory knew this weekend was a huge weekend for the guys and they went out there and give it their all. I know I sat here and said in this blog that they were out of it, but after watching this team all weekend you can see how badly they want it this year. Yes, they may not have shown just how bad they wanted it today with how the played, but as my mom reminded me, you can't win them all.

We are still 3 games within first with 4 more games to go against Detroit and 3 to go against the evil, evil White Sux. Our six games against Kansas is going to be a toss up cause they can either help us or hurt us, so we'll see how that one goes. I hope they'll help us and we can win against them (sorry Dana, I promise to return the favor when you're in our position).

Cuddy once again reminded me on Friday and Saturday night just how much of a rock star he really is. I don't care how much he's getting paid this season, it's not too much for what he has done for this team this year. I think he would have been able to do this last season too if he wouldn't have spent most of the season hurt. He has really stepped it up this season and showed a lot of people he's got what it take to try and carry this team when it's needed.

The season is coming to an end quick... it doesn't seem real that it could all be done in a little less than two weeks. I hope it's not. I would love to see this team send the Dome out in style and give us all a good reason to be excited for next season :)

The only sad news from the weekend it Joe Crede is for sure done for the season. Back surgery number 3 in 3 years. The report was it was supposed to be this week, but my parents said they made the comment on TV during the game today, that he's going to wait and have it done the first day of the off season so he can travel with the team for the rest of the year. As much as I hate to say it, I really wonder if his back can take another season of baseball. Like I said in my last post, I would love to have him back next season with us going outside and playing on real grass.

Another short recap, I know, but it was a long weekend and I don't remember much from the games so that's what you get... but what you do get now is a few pictures from the Rascal Flatts concert I attended Saturday night and a few pictures from the game today.

Darius Rucker

Rascal Flatts

1 comment:

Topper said...

I've grown to like Crede as well, but I just don't see how we can pursue him for another year. I'm not saying Valencia is ready, but we should at least explore some other options -- I don't think this back thing is going away even once we leave the turf.