Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh Oh It's Magic You Know


Most fans, at this time of the year, will sit down to try and figure out their teams "magic number". I, on the other hand, want nothing to do with the "magic number". I'm one of those fans that like to take it day-by-day, game-by-game, out-by-out.

This season is no different. I haven't sat down and tried to figure out our "magic number" nor do I want to. I have spent the whole season going game-by-game, day-by-day, out-by-out. Although I do love it when these guys sweep anytime, but I really love it when they sweep Chicago.

The Twins knew what needed to be done going into Detroit this weekend and that was win 3 of the 4 games against those damn kitties. With the rain out on Monday night our anxiety and nerves had to carry over to the dreaded double header on Tuesday, where to my surprise, our guys pounced on the kitties in game one which resulted in a win and pushed us to one game away from first place.

Game 2 wasn't so pretty, although I have to give the team credit for trying to come from behind and rally to win, it just wasn't enough or it was a little too late. Brian Duensing may not have brought his best stuff, but I look at Tuesday nights game as his game 163 like Nickie's from last year. That one game we gained, we ended up losing again with the loss.

I won't lie, I went into Wednesday nights game with a little bit of a cocky attitude cause I figured this one wouldn't be too bad with Pavano going out there, after all, we got him because he was supposed to be able to pounce on the kitties. I guess he didn't remember that because the kitties pounced all over us.

What I wouldn't have given to be a fly over that mound to hear what Gardy said to him

I know everyone always says, "There's always next season." I know how bad these guys wanted it this season, heck we all did. We came so close last season and the guys wanted to send the Dome out in style. I'm not throwing in the white flag, not yet anyway. It all depends on what happens tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the deciding factor. At least we have Timmy pitching, which hopefully will be enough to tame the Tigers and our offense will get their bats swinging again.

It's your game to lose tomorrow guys. Don't let all this hard work this season just fall to the wayside.

No comments: