Monday, May 25, 2009

First off, Happy Birthday Jason Kubel.

Secondly, I might be bias since Joe Mauer is what all my friends consider to be my baseball boyfriend, but is it just me or does this team seem to have a different attitude to it when Mauer's in the line up? Long ball, after long ball, after long ball and today it just seemed like we hit a all. Leaving too many RISP.

Prime example... 2-run homer as a pinch hitter. This goes to prove we need Mauer in the lineup. I know Gardy wants to give him a day off, but let him DH. He doesn't have to catch every single game, just like Justin doesn't have to play first every game, but at least let him DH.

Thirdly, I've been thinking about our pitching situation for when Papa Perk comes off the DL. With the way Swarzy pitched Saturday night, he's proved he's ready for the majors. Sean Henn has done really well since being called up, so has Dickey. Now really that only leaves Crain, Matty, and Ayala left to get rid of. Crain knows what to do and Matty has been amazing this season. My thought is, Ayala's got to go back to Triple A. He hasn't proven much this season.

That's my take, it may not mean much, but then again, this blog is just my thoughts.

1 comment:

k-bro said...

I agree about Ayala. I wanted him to go awhile ago; I was mad when we lost Breslow to Oakland but kept Ayala.

k-bro