Tuesday, October 06, 2009

For Those Who Still Believed...

Words can not describe how proud I am of this team. I will never forget this game for the rest of my life. Being at the Dome with 54,000+ fans, screaming my lungs out in excitement was worth every penny. To hear that many fans chant MVP at the tops of their lungs when Joe was up to bat. Amazing. To hear that many fans sing along with Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'", amazing.

For all the people that said they'll never do it, screw you. This team has more heart and dedication than any other team I've seen. Cuddy's shirts from last year are perfect right now, 162+ NO excuses.

These guys went into this game with a never surrender attitude. They never gave up. They fought so hard for this, everyone knew how bad they wanted it.

I have to say, part of me says this one was for Heidi. I couldn't help but stand there after the game, watching these guys and thinking "How much would Heidi love this?" I know she's up there watching, but I have never known a bigger Twins fan in my life. So Heidi... this one was for you. Now can you help us out with the Yankees a little? lol

For the first time this season a game has left me speechless. I am so proud of the guys and no matter what happens, you all proved them wrong when they said you couldn't do it.

No comments: